Careers at Sterling Rope
Sterling Rope is a fast-growing manufacturing company located in Biddeford, ME. We focus on designing, creating and selling high quality, technically advanced and superior performing rope products for the life-safety markets, such as climbing, rescue, industry, military and arborist. We are also venturing into designing new hardware as well. We offer competitive wages, health insurance, 401k, bonus, profit sharing, paid holidays and benefit days. Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Product Development Engineer -
The position of Product Development Engineer will work with the R&D team to develop new products and enhance existing products in the life safety, rope access market. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform full lifecycle product development activities including: design, prototype, test and implement for manufacturing.
- Design and analysis of twisted and braided fiber structures.
- Design and analysis of hardware components related to life safety rope applications.
- Perform both standardized and non-standardized testing of products and materials for development purposes.
- Maintain detailed project documentation and present results to team members in R&D, Sales and marketing.
- Develop process improvements for both new and existing products.
- Develop and write user instructions for products.
Qualifications & Skills
- BS in Engineering or Engineering Technology.
- Technical understanding of mechanics of materials and materials science.
- Technical writing skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Experience with CAD software. Solid Works preferred.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in manufacturing environment.
- Fiber science background or experience in synthetic fiber materials such as Technora, Dynema, polyester & Nylon.
- Experience with ISO9001 certification.
Occasional travel required, and may include travel outside the US.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
The work environment for this position requires time spent in the office, manufacturing facility, test laboratory, and occasional outdoor activities. Moderate noise and lifting of 50lb can be expected.
Interested in a position that isn't posted? We are always accepting applications, simply click the link below to email our HR department.
Email Your Resume